The main goal of the project THROES: A caTalogue of
HeRschel Observations of Evolved Stars, is to
carry out a comprehensive and systematic study of the far infrared properties of low- and intermediate-
mass evolved stars using Herschel Science Archive (HSA).
- How to search?
THROES catalogue can be inspected through Data Retrieval section.
By default, all the objects reprocessed in this project are shown. To filter the results to obtain our sources of interest we have to use
the "Search fields". These are:
- Target Name: Allow us to search for an especific source introducing the name of the
source we want to study. For partial matching search we have to use '%'. For example, introducing 'IRAS%' in the Target Name box we filter
all the sources whose name start with 'IRAS'.
- RA, Dec: To search sources using the coordinates we can use the RA,
Dec and Radius boxes at the top of the webpage or the RA and Dec boxes
that appear listed below. In this second boxes we can set a range of coordinates instead of using the Radius.
- AOT: In this case, we do not search for an especific source but for all the sources
that share a common AOT. We have to introduce in the AOT box the value we are looking for (PacsRange, PacsLine or PacsLine/PacsRange). In this case
we can use again the symbol '%' for partial matching. For example, using '%PacsRange' we filter all the sources whose AOT is PacsRange or
- Number of Observations: Here we select all the sources that have been observed the same
number of times. In this case we do not have to introduce the number in the box but we select it from a list.
- Object Class: In this case, as happens with AOT, we do not search for an especific objects
but for all the objects that are of the same class. We select it from a deployable list.
- Mass Classification: It is similar to the Object Class case. We select from a
list among all the Evolved low-int mass stars or all the Evolved massive stars.
- Reprocessed: From a list we can select the sources that have been reprocessed in THROES project or
For each of the 119 pointings there are 13 different columns with relevant information:
- Coordinates: First 4 columns show the equatorial coordinates (RA,
Dec) of each observation in different units like hh:mm:ss and dd:mm:ss, respectively, or degrees.
- Target Name.
- AOT: Astronomical Observing Template. It could be PacsRange or PacsLine. For some objects there
are both modes (PacsLine/PacsRage).
- Number of Observations: This column gives information about the number of times the observations
have been taken pointing to the same position in the sky. If the user clicks on the number shown in this column a new table is deployed with
complementary information of each observation. In this new table we find: Target Name, Coordinates (RA and Dec), Proposal, AOT, Obs ID,
Date and time and AOR Label.
- Mass Classification: Based on bibliography we have classified our objects as:
Evolved Low-intermediate mass star, Evolved massive star or Unknown.
- Object class: Based, again, on bibliography we incorporate a second classification criterion,
attending to the evolutionary stage of the objects or their chemistry. For evolved low-intermediate mass stars we have O-rich AGB, C-rich, OH/IR star,
post-AGB or PN. On the other side for evolved massive stars we have Red Supergiant, Yellow Hypergiant or SuperNova Remnant.
- Reprocessed: This column just inform wether the observations associated to that pointing have
been reprocessed or not.
- SED: Double clicking on this button a SED is plotted using PACS spectroscopy data and complementary
photometric data from IRAS and AKARI. This function is only available for those objects that have been
reprocessed in THROES.
- CSV: Clicking on this column a compress folder is downloaded with PACS spectroscopy data
in .csv files. This function is only available for those objects that have been reprocessed in
- FITS: Clicking on this button a compress folder is downloaded including the Final Rebinned Cubes
and the Final 1D spectra associated to these Final Cubes in .fits format. This function is only available for
those objects that have been reprocessed in THROES.
The table can be sorted by clicking on the headers of different columns such as: RA, Dec, Target Name, AOT, Number of Observations, Mass Classification,
Object Class and Reprocessed.